Bibliography: Role Playing Games
Kapture, Lawrence. "100 Wizardly Knick Knacks." Dungeon Magazine. November 2006. p 94-95.
Kapture, Lawrence, and Michael Lucas. Believe It or Else! Detroit: Hot Tub Dragon Press, 1993. 96 Pages.
For the Gatecrasher RPG, later licensed to Crunchy Frog games.
Kapture, Lawrence. "Mammoth Problems." Dungeon Magazine. May/June 1993. p 36-44.
Issue #41. For the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons RPG, Spelljammer setting.
________. Cold as Ice. Detroit: StarChilde Publications, 1989. 84 pp.
For Justifiers, a science fiction RPG in which genetically altered animal-people are created by evil Earth corporations to explore new planets and "Justify" them for human colonization. Cold as Ice was set on an frozen planet, where the ruins of a alien city waited to be explored. But wait, there's more! A rival evil earth corporation has sent it's own team of Justifiers, hoping to beat you to it!
________. The Tower. Detroit: StarChilde Publications, 1989. 72 pp.
Also for Justifiers. The Tower was another alien ruin, an eons old alien zoo. With no plot to speak of, the "adventure" was supposed to double as a bestiary cum monster manual for Justifiers. I had a sinful amount of fun coming up with enough threatening species to populate an entire universe.
Book Lists I've Contributed To
* NYPL's Best of Reference list 2003
* NYPL's Books To Remember list 1999
* NYPL's Books To Remember list 1998
* NYPL's Gay and Lesbian Book List
Reviews for School Library Journal
* All Music Guide to Rock: The Experts' Guide to the Best Rock Recordings in Rock, Pop, Soul, R&B and Rap; Lawrence Kapture; School Library Journal, New York; May 1998; pg. 166.
* The Cold War Reference Guide; Lawrence Kapture; School Library Journal, New York; Aug 1997; pg. 187.
* The Encyclopedia of Fantasy; Lawrence Kapture; School Library Journal, New York; Aug 1997; pg. 182.
* Encyclopedia of Constitutional Amendments, Proposed Amendments, and Amending Issues, 1789-1995; Kapture, Lawrence; School Library Journal, New York; Feb 1997; pg. 133.
* The Peoplepedia: The Ultimate Reference on the American People; Kapture, Lawrence; School Library Journal, New York; Feb 1997; pg. 130.