Wednesday, January 26, 2005

My daughter told her first story yesterday. I got home, and she was waving her magna-doodle pad at me. On it was a series of bumptious but discreet scribbles, the kind that almost look like a picture, and prompt many comfortably-outraged blue collar and middle class armchair pundits to declare: "Muh Grandaughter could draw as well as thet Pee-Kasso!"

After some prodding from Ruby, she revealed to me that her Pee-Kasso was a "kitty dancing on a pear." Which was just too sweet. So that was her first story. I think it was very sophisticated and high concept, and used just about as many words as she can string together right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog lacks updates and comments.--adkraman@yahoo.com

Lawrence said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.