Sunday, August 05, 2007

This is what I did for meatloaf today:

2 lbs. Ground Turkey

Couldn't find breadcrumbs, so I started with 1/2 cup of instant potato flakes.

1/4 tsp of garlic salt, 1/4 tsp of pepper, 1/4 tsp of celery seed (a smidge more: I love the smell), and a couple or three of twists of some steak seasoning stuff that's heavy on the pepper.

Put 1/3 of an onion, a ?cup?, maybe a cup and a half of carrots, and a stalk of celary into the blender. Had to hold it in with a ladle to get it all chopped finely.

Lightly sauteed a small package of sliced mushrooms in butter. Saved out the fattest ones, chopped the rest on the ground ice setting and added it to the savory mixture.

That gave me about two cups of filling, not including the potato flakes.

Added 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce

Ground turkey is kind of a moist meat, and when I mixed all that it was a very soft mixture. So I made Ruby find the bread crumbs and put in another half a cup of crumbs. Still kind of wet, but it was all I had to go with.

Stuck the saved out mushrooms on top of the meatloaf.

I'll tell you how it went tomorrow. Could be meatloafaggedon.

No comments: