Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Two weeks of whirlwind change. Last week, I began the physical portion of a project that will end up changing the look that our library presents to the public. We are changing our atrium so that it is more user friendly: the shelves will be more accessible, the lighting will be better, more of our popular collections will be housed near the entrance, and there will be more face out shelving, so that we can display books in a more attractive manner. I am looking forward to the results.

In addition, my daughter started kindergarten. She handled the transition with aplomb. Her mother and I were much more worried about her getting on a bus by herself, but she handled it like a pro. A pro what? A pro school bus rider, I guess. Whatever, she excelled.

I got to see her classroom. We even played with the foam letter puzzle for ten minutes the first day. She likes school: they have different toys, and short people to play with them with.

For those who know me, and who may visit for information about Poppy, there will be information about another kid: Saturday, the 1st, my sister gave birth to a nine pound baby boy named Nishan George. Which is a little bit of a flashback, because I used to hang with a dude named Nishan in the BIG CITY. We call him Nieko for short. I am not sure how that got settled on. He is strong like bull! Rolling over on his side at about a week, which I understand from baby Mavens is an unusual thing.

No comments: