Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hooray for me! I was up at 3:30 AM, fussing about something that's been going on at work. I am fascinated that the older I get, the more of my personality becomes sublimated. I tried to go back to sleep until 5:00 AM, then gave it up for lost and finished my short story. It was like free time! Then, at 6:30 I was nauseatingly tired again.

Easy come, easy go.

Yesterday, I worked the evening shift. I took a break in the middle of the day. Ruby has had the car for job hunting purposes, so she and Poppy picked me up. I had no desire to kill time at home, so we went for ice cream and to the mall to pick up jeans for Poppy. That was somehow soothing.

At the mall, however, I fell in love. I had a mad passionate affair with a shirt from a line called Obey. It had a faux retro print with masonic dollar bill symbols and slogans like "in lesser gods we trust" and "cash for chaos," which are practically tailor sloaged for my skeptical, inconstant and contrarian nature. They were none in my size! Skinny people can't wear cool T's like that! I looked all over the web that evening, but although the Obey clothing line is sold in sundry places, I couldn't find the T's I loved so much. Waily!

At least it was evidence that my inner dandy was not crushed to death by the slobbering porcine bureaucrat that sat down in his chair six years ago.

No comments: