Thursday, February 05, 2009

I don't believe in Superman, Frankenstein, or Peter Pan.

Nor do I believe in New Years. I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but it's the worst time of year for me to make any new plans, which is what a resolution is. Planning to do something new.

A much better choice would be the Vernal Equinox, actually. Also, I'm big on scientifically recognizable holidays.

Frankly, this year's doldrums has been worse than most for doing things, between hosting the holidays, playing too much Warcraft, and a computer malfunction. So this is my New Year's post.

In 2008, I did none of the things I set as goals. Zip. I don't even feel a little shitty about that. Largely, they are things I will wait to do until I retire anyways.

In 2008, I had an immense amount of fun, though. I went on vacation, made some new friends, finished my last novel, realized it was crap, and set about rewriting it. Started a second novel.

I found great new things, too, although this time the specific led to the general more than the other way around. I will blog about these over the next couple of days, because I loves to share!

In 2009, I'd like to take my blog in a different direction, or at least my blogging. I'm not sure what this would be. I think I would love to comment on pop culture, but have also thought that a blog with fiction bits might be interesting. I practice my flights of fancy, and the bits might be interesting.

No comments: